23 Nov Asian watercress and ginger chicken salad
A couple of years ago I found the most delicious watercress salad recipe. The flavours of the mint and coriander with the soy dressing were such fresh summer flavours. It reminds me of those lush beach days, hungry from the surf and having these incredible flavours for lunch or dinner.
The watercress salad is delicious on its own, if you are not wanting to eat meat. I eat most of it, while I am making it!
It is absolutely delicious and I am happy to share it with you here!
- -Ginger chicken
- ¼ cup of hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 clove of garlic - finely grated
- 1 tsp of ginger - finely grated
- 1 organic chicken breast
- -Watercress salad
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce or fish sauce
- ½ tsp of ginger - finely grated
- 1 lebanese cucumber - shaved with vegetable peeler into super thin slices
- ½ bunch of watercress - sprigs picked, washed and dried
- 1 cup of bean shoots
- ½ cup coriander leaves - chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves - chopped
- Mix the hoisin sauce, tamari, garlic and ginger in a large bowl and add the chicken breast, tossing gently to coat the breast. Leave for five minutes to let the flavours develop.
- Heat bbq grill or grilling pan to medium and grill the chicken breast for 7 - 8 minutes on each side until cooked through. Slice the chicken across the grain.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk lime juice, tamari, sweet chilli sauce and ginger in a small bowl.
- Shave the cucumber lengthways with a vegetable peeler. Add to a large bowl with watercress, bean sprouts, coriander and mint.
- Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Serve in two bowls with slices of ginger chicken on top.
This is going to be one of my summer favourites 🙂 I am looking for recipes to take to work, rather than eat cafe food, which, while delicious is expensive and fattening.
Lets go to the beach and wash our selves out with salt water, and come home to a mint, coriander and watercress salad! It will be lush 🙂