17 Feb love food, hate waste
What is in my fridge? that is what I want to know!! . . . In the interests of NOT wasting food, I am going to fabricate something from what I already have. . . wait!!!
I have so much zucchini!! What am I going to do with all this zucchini? haha
– – – > 1 zucchini – grated
Corn, which I bought at the markets – it needs to be eaten
– – – > 1 cob of corn cut down the sides to get the kernels
1/4 flat mushroom – bought the other day (saving one for tomorrow)
spinach from the good food swap – needs to be eaten!!
– chopped and diced
shallots or french onions
an abundance of eggs (maybe three or four?)
– I so used seven eggs! hehe 🙂
– to serve
rye / sourdough or grain bread
– i used two slices of rye bread
[Did manage to clean out a bit of stuff from the vegetable crisper, I have been sick, but it is no EXCUSE to waste good food – I deliberately, didn’t buy anything ELSE to eat today, because I Want to eat what I have GOT!! -tomorrow – fresh beans with mushrooms in tomato pasta 🙂 ]
1. heat fry pan on medium heat, , , add a little water, to saute the shallots
2. saute for 2 – 3 minutes on low to moderate heat
3. add grated zucchini and corn kernels – saute on moderate heat until tasty (2 – 3 mins)
4. add mushrooms and chopped fresh spinach, saute until just wilted
5. add whisked eggs, turn to low, and simmer until the egg is cooked though.
6. sprinkle some cumin on top, heat grill on high and place fry pan under grill for a few minutes to brown top
7. toast bread, butter, and serve with tomato relish and sprig of parsley.
I AM SO HUNGRY. . . I can’t wait until it is ready. Due to the fact that I used 7 eggs, hehe, , , I think I will just eat a 1/4 of this omelette and save 3/4 until another day.
It was GOOD to clean out my vegetable crisper and to use everything that had been waiting to be cooked!
I think I am going to top it with tomato relish (from the markets) and serve it on toast!
IT should be a NICE green omelette 🙂 the greens are going to b delish!! 😀
It is FINALLY ready.
It is QUITE delicious! Sorry if you have already had dinner, and I HOPE you have!!
The corn is something else, and the tomato relish makes a zest of it 🙂
HAVE A GREAT EVENING!!
[What time do you call this!! haha 🙂 I must be living on SPANISH time haha, so amazing!] xoxoxox